When we receive your complaint form, we will:
- Review the information. Further communication with the parties involved may occur in order to collect more information.
- Inform the Regulated Member of the complaint.
- Provide the Regulated Member with a copy of the complaint. [and any attachments]
- Decide what action will be taken on the complaint.
- Inform you in writing of what action will be taken on your complaint.
Possible complaint actions
Understand what the investigation process is, the steps involved, potential outcomes, why a complaint may be dismissed and what to do if you don’t agree with the dismissal decision.
Instead of a referring to a Hearing, the Complaints Director and an investigated Regulated Member may, with consent from the Complainant, enter into a Complaint Resolution Agreement (CRA). Learn more about what this means and when this could happen.
Understand what the Hearing process is, what to expect, types of Hearings and Hearing Tribunal Decisions.