CARNA is the professional and regulatory body for Alberta’s more than 38,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners in direct care, education, research and administration. Our dual mandate centers on serving the public interest: as a regulator by ensuring ethical, safe, competent care by registered nurses and, as an association, by supporting the pursuit of excellence in RN practice.
Find out how CARNA shapes the framework for registered nurse practice in Alberta and influences health policy decisions in the public's best interest.
Learn more about our approach to protecting the public by ensuring that Albertans receive effective, safe and ethical care by registered nurses.
We report on our activities on an annual basis and make our annual reports and financial statements available to all members and stakeholders.
Interested in working in a stimulating, collaborative environment? If so, then apply for a job at CARNA!
- GP01 - A Message from the Chair
- GP06 - Council Member's Code of Conduct
- GP07 - Conflict of Interest Protocol
- GP08 - Safe Disclosure - Whistleblower Protocol
- GP09 - Governance and Communications Protocol
- GP10 - Council Selection Policy
- GP11 - Council Competencies and Attributes Profile
- GP12 - Council and Committees’ Performance Review Framework
- GP13 - Councillor Expectations Policy
- GP14A - Complaint Review Committee Charter
- GP14B - Registration Committee Charter
- GP14C - Registration Review Committee Charter
- GP14D - Competence Committee Charter
- GP14E - Nursing Education Program Approval Committee (NEPAC) Charter
- GP14F - Appeals Committee Charter
- GP14G - Hearing Tribunal Charter
- GP15 - Regulatory Committees Selection Policy
- GP16 - Regulatory Committees Competencies & Attributes Profile
- GP17A - Nominating Committee Charter
- GP17B - Leadership Review and Governance Committee Charter
- GP17C - Finance and Audit Committee Charter
- GP19 - Chair’s Charter
- GP21 - CEO & Registrar’s Charter
- GP24 - CEO and Registrar’s Performance Management Framework
- GP25 - CEO & Registrar Succession Plan
- GP26 - Corporate Secretary’s Charter
- GP27 - In Camera Sessions Protocol
- GP28 - Electronic Meeting Protocol
- GP29 - Equity, Diversity and Anti-Harassment Policy
- GP30 - Investment Limitations Policy
- GP32 - Business Recovery and Continuity Policy